This property proudly offers The Starfish Standard which ensures all linens, including bedding, is laundered upon every checkout.
Chateau Seaclusion is ‘secluded’, as your nearest neighbor, on both sides, is a city block away, providing you the most privacy available on the Forgotten Coast.
Viewed from its living areas, this exceptional home has the feel of being on a cruise ship without leaving land. Ship-like cabled railings border the decks, providing uninhibited views of the Gulf of Mexico and Cape San Blas from all Living Areas. As a pet-friendly home, all members of your party are accommodated in a design that encourages togetherness, or enables quiet reflection, so that your vacation is truly renewing and memorable. This home has been lovingly restored and expanded following Hurricane Michael and includes many custom features in its 5-Bedroom Suites; 2 Living Areas adjoining a large open Kitchen and Dining Area; 3 Deck Levels; an Elevated Pool with Ocean Views and a Cascading Waterfall; an expansive & shaded Ground Floor Patio; and unlimited parking.
Design of Home
Chateau Seaclusion is located on St Joe Beach, one of the few beach locations in North Florida that faces West so you can enjoy a full view of the sunset. This home is designed to provide every convenience and comfort for your family. The Living/Kitchen/Dining Area is located on the first floor. Designed with an open floor plan, panoramic views of the ocean are available from every room. The expansive Living Room includes a vaulted ceiling, and walls constructed of aged pecky cypress wood. A windowed French Door provides access between the Living Room and a large 3-level Deck and Pool. The Kitchen design facilitates the preparation of meals as a family experience and is professionally equipped with high-end appliances. The Kitchen Island seats up to 6 people, so those not engaged in meal preparation can gather for conversation. The adjoining Dining Area provides seating for 10 to enjoy meals & spend time together. The window-enclosed Sunroom is accessed from the Dining Room and provides a quiet area to enjoy a cup of coffee or join in lively card/board games with family and friends, while other members of your group enjoy movies/shows on the 75-inch HD/Smart TV located in the Living Room.
A Master Bedroom Suite with views of the ocean, a laundry and additional half-bath, are also located on the first floor.
The Second Floor is designed with 4 Bedroom Suites and an open balcony that overlooks the Living Area:
• Two Master Bedroom Suites include their own private Balcony with Chairs to view the Ocean.
• Two Bedroom Suites are designed to accommodate families traveling with small children.
• Pet friendly for up to 2 dogs – see Property Policies for details.
• Gulf County permits Beach Fishing and Campfires; firewood is available from local vendors.
• Rental occupancy is 11 people.
• Group events will be considered – see Property Policies for details.
• Parking is never a problem at Chateau Seaclusion:
o parking-on-concrete is available for up to 3 cars in front of the house
o unlimited roadside parking for cars, trucks & boats for 2 city blocks
• Located halfway between Mexico Beach and Port St Joe, you are within a 10-minute drive to multiple restaurants, activities, grocery/drug/sundry stores, and gas stations.
• Day trips to the coastal towns of historic Apalachicola, Cape San Blas, and Panama City is approximately 30 minutes to an hour.
• This region of Florida is world renowned for its outdoor activities available through its many state & federal parks, lakes, and forests. Enjoy swimming, fishing, boating, sailing, kayaking, snorkeling, scuba diving, beach combing, hiking, biking, horseback riding, scenic drives, tennis, pickle ball, basketball ... Bring your own equipment, or rentals are available locally.
All Rooms have sound-minimizing Windows that eliminate most outside noise; tile flooring, supplemented with area rugs; extensive Art, including local scenes; and black-out Drapes to reduce sunlight during the day and provide privacy at night. Unlimited free WiFi; Cable TV; HD/Smart TVs (7); Blu-Ray DVDs (7); & Land-Line Phone. Additional: Linens Provided; AC/Heat; Hot Water (gas); Smoke/CO2 Detectors; Fire Extinguishers; Clothes Hangers; Iron and Ironing Board; Vacuum.
Bedroom Suites are designed to accommodate every family member. Each room includes a private bathroom; walk-in closet; WiFi; HD/Smart TV with cable; Blu-Ray DVD.
1st Master Bedroom Suite (first floor) provides expansive views of the Ocean and Pool:
• Queen Bed, Rocking Chair; Dresser/Mirror; bedside Tables with Lamps; walk-in Closet; Full Bath with tub; Smart HDTV with Cable/Blu Ray DVD
2nd Master Bedroom Suite (second floor) provides panoramic views of the Ocean. A sliding glass door opens onto a Private Balcony with Chairs to enjoy an outdoor view of the Ocean and Pool:
• King Bed, Rocking Chair; Dresser/Mirror; bedside Tables with Lamps; walk-in Closet; Full Bath with tub; Smart HDTV with Cable/Blu Ray DVD; Ceiling Fan & Light; Clock
3rd Master Bedroom Suite (second floor) provides a panoramic 180-degree view of the Ocean. It also has a Private Balcony with Chairs, accessed through a sliding glass door:
• Queen Bed, Adirondack Chair; Dresser/Mirror; bedside Table with Lamp; walk-in Closet; Full Bath with shower; Smart HDTV with Cable/Blu Ray DVD; Ceiling Fan & Light; Clock
4th and 5th Bedroom Suites (second floor) are designed with a Connecting Door. Similar in hotels, the connecting door locks from either side, and provides an access option if parents are traveling with small children.
• 4th Bedroom: Connecting Lock-able Door to adjoining Bedroom, Queen Bed, Rocking Chair; Dresser/Mirror; bedside Tables with Lamps; walk-in Closet; Full Bath with tub; Smart HDTV with Cable/Blu Ray DVD; Ceiling Fan & Light; Clock
• 5th Bedroom: Connecting Lock-able Door to adjoining Bedroom; Ocean View; Full Bed & Twin Bed; Child Table with 2 chairs; Wall-sized White Board for artistic entertainment; bedside Table with Lamp; walk-in Closet; Full Bath with shower; Smart HDTV with Cable/Blu Ray DVD; Ceiling Fan & Light; Clock
Living Areas (First Floor):
Professional Kitchen is large and opens to the Living and Dining Areas. It includes all the tools and appliances to create delicious meals for those times you prefer to stay home, while enjoying the panoramic ocean views:
• 2 GE Profile Refrigerators (#1 - ice/water thru door; #2 - automatic ice maker); Chef quality GE Profile Range (gas), Double Oven, & Microwave; Dishwasher; Keurig Coffee system (single pods and 10-cup carafe capacity); Cuisinart Air Fryer; Cuisinart Bagel Toaster; Ninja Blender; Electric Can Opener; Saran Wrap dispenser; Bar Sink; Extensive Counter top (quartz) and cabinetry; Professional Pots/Pans/Tools
• Quartz Kitchen Island is designed in a ‘grand piano’ style to facilitate group gatherings, with 6 swivel bar stools.
Dining Room provides Ocean Views and includes a custom designed table, hand-crafted in New Orleans after Hurricane Katrina, using reclaimed pecky cypress wood; seating for 10.
Living Area provides Ocean Views with a wall of windows:
• 75-inch HD/Smart TV with cable/Netflix/Blu-Ray DVD; large Leather Sectional Sofa offers ample seating; 3 Costa Rican Leather Rockers; family/children games are included in Credenza; Windowed French Doors open to Lower Deck and Pool
Sunroom is encircled with windows, providing expansive Ocean Views:
• Lounge Seating for 4; Occasional Table; 2 swinging Hammocks Chairs; large Bean Bag; separate AC System; HD/Smart TV with cable; Door access to Upper Level Deck and Grill
Laundry includes a full-sized Washer & Dryer
• Ground Floor: includes beach toys, chairs, and pull-behind trolley
• 1st Floor Butler Closet: Candles, Fire Extinguishers, Broom, Misc. Supplies
• 2nd Floor Utility Closet: Vacuum Cleaner; Iron & Board; Fire Extinguishers; Books
Pool is elevated to provide an expansive view of the Gulf while you relax on the poolside decks. Or sit on the pool ledge and watch the sunset as a waterfall cascades refreshing water over your shoulders. A hand shower is installed at the pool deck entrance for use prior to entering the pool or home – this is operated by a tap-on floor faucet and automatically turns off after 30 seconds.
• In-pool Seating Shelf; Cascade Water Feature; Step-Down into Pool; Poolside Decking; Gate between Pool and Upper Deck; additional Gate between Pool and Boardwalk
Deck has three levels and were expanded after Hurricane Michael. A Gas Grill, tables & chairs for outdoor eating and drinking, and comfortable chairs for lounging are available while enjoying Ocean Views.
• Upper Deck: Gas Grill; Table with seating for 6
• Lower Deck: Bar Table with 4 Chairs; Lounge Chairs
• Pool Deck: Hand-held shower
Ground Floor Patio provides multiple seating areas with tables for those who want less sun while enjoying views of the beautiful gulf water and white sands. Included is a ‘teeter-totter’ table, featured in the 2003 ‘From Justin to Kelly’ movie featuring Kelly Clarkson (if you find the movie, you’ll see her sitting at this very table (!) at the Oasis restaurant located in Fort Lauderdale, FL):
• Shaded with open views of the Dunes and Ocean; Concrete Floor; Table with 3 Chairs and 3 Stools; Bar Table with 2 Stools; Gliding Swing Table with Benches; Open Space for Playing (Corn Hole, etc)
• Access to Pool/Deck and Boardwalk
• Closet (containing beach items available for use; Note: Beach is ‘Turtle’ Patrolled at night – to protect the turtles, any items left on beach are removed by the Patrol and immediately placed in County Trash)
• Parking: 3 spaces for Cars; Unlimited Roadside Parking
Boardwalk is private and provides easy access to the ocean. Accessible from the Pool Deck and Ground Floor Patio, it places you within feet of the water’s edge.
- Beach Front
- Child Friendly
- Children Welcome
- Eco Tourism
- Coffee Maker - Keurig
- Coffee Maker - Standard
- Crock Pot
- Fully Equipped Kitchen
- Beach Combing
- Bird Watching
- DeepSea Fishing
- Horseback Riding
- Pickle Ball
- Scenic Drives
- Wildlife Viewing
- Wind Surfing
- Cape San Blas Lighthouse
- Constitution Convention Museum State Park
- St. Vincent National Wildlife Refuge
- T.H. Stone Memorial St. Joseph Peninsula State Park
- Air Conditioning
- Beach Gear Rental Credit
- Blu Ray Player
- Clothes Hangers
- Covered Parking
- Deck - Covered
- Deck - Open
- Deck Furniture
- Designated Parking
- Dune Walk Over
- Fire Extinguisher
- Fish Cleaning Area
- Grill - Gas
- Hot Water
- Internet Access
- Iron & Ironing Board
- Linens Provided
- Local Calls Included
- Long Distance Included
- Outdoor Furniture
- Outdoor Shower
- Private Pool
- Satellite or Cable
- Screened Deck
- Smoke Detector
- Starfish Standard
- Wireless Internet
- Minimum Age For Renters
- No Smoking
- Pet Friendly with Fee
- Pets Considered with Fee
Wonderful property, down stairs excellent. Side room hanging hammock chairs great; couch very comfortable, the walkway to the beach is very slippery on barefoot - upgrade to slip resistant paint; upgrade all upstairs bathrooms and house would reflect cost/value a bit more. The pool is wonderful.
Nice home, furniture/rugs could use some updates.
Property was very nice, but the bed linens are pretty bad. They are thin, cheap and not 100% cotton. We also had a refrigerator failure on Day 6 of our stay, spoiling several of our food items. Cable TV reception is also very spotty. Several cable boxes probably need to be replaced/upgraded.
We appreciate your feedback. You are correct the linens we use are not 100% cotton, in fact they are microfiber and we usually get compliments on their feels and softness. We have already addressed the 2nd fridge issue and we appreciate you reporting it and we'll get with the service provider to see what can't be done with the TV reception.Posted: 6/8/2022
For money, not 5 stars.
10/10! We had such a great time staying here!
Very clean and well kept. Perfect for our family. We will be back!
Loved the privacy. Everything in home was as advertised. We had a wonderful, peaceful stay with no issues. Terrific property! Only a few steps from your private pool to the sand. Spectacular sunset views from back deck.
Château Seaclusion we will be back! And look forward to the outside improvements!!
It's a nice large house. I'm just not sure it's worth the price.
Loved it...except for the upstairs shower heads!
Good overall value for space.
We will rent this property again.
For the price we paid which was outrageous, I was very disappointed in the response we got when we had issues with the dryer, TVs, and Internet. I needed to be able to work while there last week and couldn’t because the Wi-Fi. We also had sopping wet clothes we had to hang all over the house because the dryer didn’t work. Will not rent again.
We understand how frustrating it can be when things don't go as planned. While we try our hardest to get issues resolved quickly having to rely on service providers who can't move as fast as we want can be disappointing.Posted: 4/27/2021
Outstanding and we'll be back.
traffic was too loud. Nice place though.
For close to $1000 a night, I would expect something better than Motel 6 towels in this facility. I was very spacious, it’s it’s on a main highway and you can never let your young kids be out by themselves as cars and Semis was by a close to 80 miles an hour
I've not stayed at a Motel 6 lately but they must have really stepped up their game since I last did if you're comparing it to this property. You will be hard pressed to find a better place in St Joe Beach that is one the beach and large enough to handle a group of 10 with a private pool. As for the highway, like any beachfront property on St Joe Beach, it is something you know is there but with a 45mph speed limit, not 80mph, I can't say it's enough to detract from the view of the Gulf and the unique view of Cape San Blas.Posted: 3/10/2021
We loved the house and the location (we rented it during the winter months and the beach was empty). The kitchen has everything you need to cook and the two refrigerators are great. There's a Piggly Wiggly store 10 min away and it's well stocked. The house looks just like in the pictures and the cleaning ladies did a great job cleaning it. We found an assortment of bugs and roaches, but nothing that can't be resolved with some traps. There were some issues which caused us frustration: the internet was dropping intermittently - we had to restart the router 5-10 times a day - which was a problem as we were working/learning remotely and we had to wait 5 min for the internet to come back, the drains were clogged - we had a couple of toilets clog and one overflow, a couple of the bedrooms did not heat up very well - this is only an issue during the winter months). The plumber took 2 days to show up for the toilet incident and when he did he just fixed the toilet with the issue (for the second toilet he didn't even come), and the cable company people missed 2 appointments set up by the maintenance staff. These two issues are things that should be fixed (the toilets are very old and should be replaced as even when they were working we had to flush a couple of times), but because they weren't it influenced our experience with the house.
We’re so glad so enjoyed your stay with us.
Thanks for bringing your concerns to our attention, and we wanted to assure you of our response:
-Internet Services: Mediacom is the leading service provider in our area. As with any internet service, there can be interruptions, and we regret any inconvenience you experienced. We understand Mediacom resolved your issues, and again, we apologize for any inconvenience.
-Plumbing: Our plumber identified a mass of material clogging the sewer pipe from the toilets. This was cleared and the toilets were operational again.
- Pests: We understand concerns our guests have regarding unwanted pests and employ a licensed protection company to service our properties. Please be assured any concerns a guest notifies us of will be addressed during their stay.
Again, we thank you for staying at Chateau Seaclusion, managed by Pristine Properties.Posted: 3/26/2021
Summer stay would be great if more affordable.
This home and location was beautiful and perfect for our family, it was a very much needed get away. Our home burned down a few weeks prior to our stay and we contemplated cancelling. We are so glad we went and enjoyed our time with our sons, thank you!
Yes I hope to rent again and again ... my family loved it and so did I .
One of the best beach homes we have ever stayed in
Would definitely recommend this to others and/or book again.
Our stay was five stars even though pool was not open
We loved this home! This was our first trip back to the area since Hurricane Michael and the first time staying in St Joe Beach. The home was perfect for our large extended family and the sunsets were awesome the entire week. We would definitely stay there again, especially now that pets are allowed.
Want to know specifics? Ask anything about this specific property that you would like to know...
Example: "Is the balcony screened in?" or "Is there a toaster oven?"