When you plan a vacation to the Florida Gulf Coast, the reasons are obvious. You want to sit on the beach and RELAX. When you want to shift gears and be a little more active, use our guide of top things to do on the Florida Gulf Coast. Don’t worry, your beach chair will be waiting for you when you get back!
1. Collecting Sea Shells along the beaches on Cape San Blas: Add to your burgeoning shell collection while enjoying the sheer beauty of “The Cape’s” pristine natural surroundings. Embrace the sugar white sand with your bare toes as you scour the gentle surf for that one of a kind shell
2. Visit the Cape San Blas Lighthouse in Port St. Joe: Steeped in history, the famous Cape San Blas lighthouse was erected over 130 years ago. In 2014, the entire structure was relocated to its new home in George Core Park in Port St. Joe.
3. The Annual Florida Scallop and Music Festival. Fall brings one of the premier events in the country to Port St. Joe. The Florida Scallop and Music Festival features a weekend of great food and music, bringing national acts from all over to play at this one of a kind beach party. This family friendly event hosts chefs and food vendors who work their magic on that treasure of the Gulf Coast, the scallop. Eat and dance to your heart’s content.
4. Go Shopping In Mexico Beach. If you enjoy finding that one of a kind treasure, away from the big box and chain stores, opting instead for unique independent shops, Mexico Beach is the perfect place for you. Explore the numerous gift and novelty shops that line Mexico Beach’s thoroughfare and find that special gift or beach memento you didn’t even know you were looking for.
5. Go Scalloping along St. Joe’s Bay: The whole family can participate in this one of a kind ocean exploration. Whether you like to swim, float, snorkel or simply explore shallow waters on foot, there is not a large skill set or amount of equipment needed for scalloping. You do need a license and you must adhere to the daily limit.
This is just a small sampling of all of the fun and wonderful things waiting for you along the Florida Gulf Coast. Call us today at 850-227-1100 to find your perfect beach getaway for the vacation you will not soon forget.