Those of us who live in Cape San Blas and the areas around it know that our beaches are hands down, some of the most beautiful in all of Florida. We also know that our Gulf Coast beach communities are friendly and welcoming and are perfect for families with kids of all ages. When it comes to Spring Break, our beaches do not attract hordes of party goers. Our miles of pristine beaches are not crowded. The pace of life is quieter here, you won’t find hectic crowds or rowdy dance clubs or loud parties on the beach. A Florida Spring Break spent on our shores is one that the entire family will adore.
A Truly Family-Friendly Florida Spring Break Has:
- A naturally pristine and unspoiled beauty without the crass commercialism that you see throughout so many other areas of Florida.
- Gentle, clear waters that offer amazing opportunities for snorkeling, kayaking, fishing and boating.
- Cape San Blas is a PET FRIENDLY BEACH! There are rules and regulations, but how awesome is it that you don’t have to leave your four-legged family members behind for you trip to the beach! We have many pet-friendly properties to help Fido feel right at home.
- Because our beaches are less crowded, there are great opportunities to hunt for sea shells. You are likely to find rare shells that you might not find anywhere else!
- Golfers will love Josephs Bay Golf Club, an 18-hole championship course that runs along St. Joseph’s Bay. The course has lots of wildlife residents, including alligators, so be sure to bring your camera phone with you! You never know who you might see
- Joe’s Bay offers the unique opportunity to go scalloping in the late summer/early fall. This is one of only a small handful of areas that allow visitors to harvest bay scallops.
- Joseph’s State Park offers visitors 2,500 acres of wildlife refuge to explore, with 10 miles of pristine beach and bay areas.
- Cape San Blas has enacted a strict “Leave No Trace” policy in an effort to keep our beaches looking clean and beautiful every single day.
- The shoreline along St Joseph’s bay provides a healthy, teeming habitat for a huge number of crabs, sand dollars, snails and other invertebrates. You are likely to see many sea creatures swimming around the Bay, including sting rays, pufferfish, sea horses, star fish and even sharks.
- The St. Joseph Bay State Buffer Preserve is one of the last remaining buffer preserves in Florida. The Buffer provides an essential safeguard that helps protect water quality, coastal landscape and critical ocean habitats.
- Port St. Joe’s George Core Park is now home to the historic Cape San Blas Lighthouse, which, after many decades of surviving crashing waves and tumultuous seas, was moved away from the water to its new home in 2014 via an amazing feat of engineering and will.
- Don’t miss the heart of area marine activity at the Port St. Joe Marina. Book your boating, fishing, snorkeling expeditions, dolphin and sunset cruises all in one place and enjoy the freshest seafood and unique boutiques and shops.
- Mexico Beach offers visitor a small, family friendly, beach-town atmosphere with a big helping of Panhandle Southern hospitality
We Want You to Enjoy Every Bit of your Vacation
With our exclusive Beach Gear Included and Family Fun Pass offers, your beach vacation will be made more effortless AND affordable. Enjoy beach and recreational equipment delivered right to your door. Save money on golf, fishing, horseback riding and more with our special savings pass.
Avoiding another Florida Spring Break Because of the Craziness?
Don’t! Instead, visit our beautiful Florida Gulf Coast Beaches and you will: Avoid the crowds. Avoid the craziness. Avoid the cacophony. Spend this Florida Spring Break on our quiet beaches and enjoy the very best Florida has to offer your whole family. Spend your break in Cape San Blas, Port St. Joe, Mexico Beach and our other pristine beach areas. You will come away refreshed, relaxed and brimming with joyful family memories that will last a lifetime.